As Digital Marketing Manager you play an integral role in planning and executing the digital marketing strategy for WSO2. You will be responsible for crafting all digital campaigns, including SEM, email, social media, display advertising, and remarketing in line with campaign objectives. You will define the brands' social media personality and maintain our social media presence across all digital channels, driving engagement and reach to expose our brands to new, wider audiences.
You will also be responsible for measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and providing best practice guidance on campaign optimization. You are a strong leader and will ensure the Digital Marketing team is seen as a strategic partner to the BU & Regional Marketing and Sales teams and will be responsible for cultivating strong cross-functional relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops digital marketing strategy by studying market indicators, tracking changes in campaign performance, identifying target customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring competitor activity in the digital space.
- Plans and organizes all SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes spend and coverage based on performance and insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop-off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Completes digital marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning team member's workload and following up on results.
- Mentors the digital marketing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training team members.
- Enhances the Digital Marketing team by leading and developing members; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops digital marketing expertise of team members and themselves by constantly learning, providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert. Provide feedback and guidance to stakeholders to deliver high-performing digital campaigns.
- Build and Manage a highly engaged database of high-quality leads.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners to deliver high-value marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and platforms. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Plan and manage the social media, email, and paid advertising calendars to ensure adequate coverage and effective execution against marketing goals and objectives.
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment with BU and Regional teams.
- Contribute to a high performing, highly engaged, highly curious team culture.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a digital marketing or related position.
- Ability to lead and motivate a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve organisational goals.
- In-depth knowledge of different social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.), best practices, and website analytics tools (Google Analytics).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Suite, Social Media Analytics tools such as Pardot, Sprout Social & CRM platforms like Salesforce.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently but thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Highly organized, multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A curious mind, with sound analytical and problem-solving ability.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.