Careers - United States
Director - Technical Content Writing - Identity & Access Management
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
The WSO2 Identity and Access Management (IAM) Team seeks an experienced technical content writing specialist to lead WSO2 Identity Server’s content strategy. We are looking for an innovative individual with a proven track record to make our content more developer-focused and address a global audience. Furthermore, we are looking for a lead who can manage the product’s global content team and is passionate about helping our team excel.
- Drive execution of the WSO2 Identity Server’s content portfolio from planning through to post-launch measurement.
- Develop and evangelize strategies to improve content quality, maintainability, and usability.
- Be up-to-date on documentation trends and tools and provide thought leadership on the documentation platform and processes.
- Continuously develop, monitor, and interpret metrics to assess content and improve our content and readability experience.
- Manage, coach, and develop the content team to perform excellently.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with cross-functional teams to deliver one product.
- Understand IAM-related standards, protocols, and specifications and digest those into developer-focused product content.
- Write engaging content that explores advanced IAM subjects or discuss WSO2 Identity Server’s capabilities for targeted personas including, CXOs, IAM architects, and application developers.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- 8+ years of experience managing global content projects with tight deadlines (agile methodology preferred).
- 8+ years of experience managing and developing a high-performing team.
- Background in information architecture and writing experience.
- Working knowledge in measuring content performance through experimentation.
- Proven history of using web analytics and measuring success using key performance indicators and optimizing content sets and tools for search and discoverability (SEO).
- Experience in leading the content strategy at a SaaS technology organization known for delivering a superior content experience.
- IAM domain expertise.
- Having your own portfolio of technical content (Blog, Books, Articles, etc.)