WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
Customer Identity & Access Management is increasingly becoming a cornerstone of all enterprises’ IAM initiatives and Digital Transformation journeys. We also see a strong move towards Developer-first technologies that utilize the developers as the adopters and promoters of technology.
WSO2’s Identity & Access Management business unit is responsible for the most highly recognized, open source, on-prem, Identity & Access Management product, the WSO2 Identity Server, with over 200+ enterprise customers managing millions of identities, and a countless number of open source users and are in the process of releasing it’s highly anticipated SaaS offering into the market.
While having a focus on Access Management for Workforce IAM, our product’s strong suit is within the CIAM space, having been recently positioned as a strong performer within the CIAM space in The Forrester wave: Customer Identity and Access Management Solutions Q4, 2020, and while continuing to be positioned a leader in Kuppingercole’s CIAM Leadership Compass.
We’re now looking out for a highly driven, energetic, innovative, and experienced marketer with a strong enterprise and SaaS marketing background to help lead and drive our business growth as we look to increase our footprint within the developer-first on-prem and SaaS IAM market, as Head of Marketing for the IAM Business Unit.
You will be responsible for identifying, developing, and executing business-level marketing strategies that drive revenue and market share growth of the products within the business unit, and will guide and lead an energetic team of Product Marketers, Campaign Managers, and Developer Evangelists, while working closely with the BU’s leadership, product teams, WSO2’s corporate marketing team and regional sales & marketing teams; not forgetting our customers and partners.
- Develop the long-term marketing strategy for the IAM Business Unit, with an emphasis on growing our brand recognition, market penetration, and cost-effective customer acquisition with the end goal of increasing our sales growth.
- Own the planning, development, and management of the BU’s Marketing budget, while working closely with regional GTM leadership to help influence and guide their marketing spend.
- Measure, track and iteratively improve the strategy in a data-driven manner.
- Develop and implement a winning Lead Generation strategy for both the on-prem offering and the SaaS solution.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Product and Regional teams, enabling them to meet their objectives.
- Collaborate with the BUs leadership, product management teams and Engineering Team to define marketing strategies for new and existing products that achieve BU goals and objectives.
- Analyse market reviews, consumer trends and competitor activities to optimise marketing activities.
- Manage a team of marketers, guiding them through campaign development, product messaging and positioning and develop them into a world class marketing team.
- Travel as required.
Your experience & qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing & Communications,
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field would be an advantage.
- 7+ years Experience in marketing enterprise technology, with a track record of building measurable leadgen programs and delivering against business goals.
- Experience in working with high growth or scaling SaaS business will be considered beneficial.
- Experience in growth hacking and related fields, product marketing, data-driven marketing (including SEO and SEM), setting the content strategy, A/B experiments (including pricing and packaging), developer evangelism, product marketing, PR and lifecycle marketing, etc., would be added advantages.
- Proven experience in having implemented a successful brand building and lead generation marketing plan.
- The creativity and vision to build the marketing strategy and at the same time able to be hands-on to execute marketing plans.
- Experience in making and soliciting data-driven marketing decisions.
- Experience in implementing a marketing strategy on an international scale.
- Proven leadership experience and team management.
- Experience in formulating, managing, and executing against a well thought out marketing budget.
- Ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders, including the ability to present succinctly and clearly in both written and verbal communication.
- Experience and willingness to work with a very diverse and globally dispersed team.