Careers - United States
Lead Developer Relations - Identity & Access Management
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Do you know what makes a developer tick? We’re looking for passionate and insightful geek-whisperers who can feel the pulse of developers and spread the word about our Identity and Access Management (IAM) products. You would ideally be a blogger and social media connoisseur, creating meaningful content on how WSO2 IAM products work. At the same time, you will be an advocate for developer needs to support our team in carving out superior, dev-friendly products. Ultimately, you will help to drive the adoption of our products while building the WSO2 Identity Server community.
Roles and responsibilities
- Help drive the global marketing strategy of WSO2 Identity Server and drive adoption among the developer community.
- Influence product strategy while working with product management, sales, marketing, and solutions architect teams.
- Deliver presentations, demos, webinars, blogs, whitepapers, and tutorials discussing WSO2 Identity Server and contribute to the IAM resource library.
- Drive technical integrations between WSO2 Identity Server and other tools
- Engage with various online forums such as Hashnode, Spectrum, Reddit, Stack overflow, and WSO2 Identity Server community forums.
- Collaborate with product teams and marketing to deliver developer program initiatives.
- Support the product team in enhancing product onboarding and user experience based on developer needs.
- Submit CFPs, attend, and present at industry events, technology conferences, and internal (online and offline) meetups.
- Maintain a strong social media presence: Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software developer.
- Passionate in solving IAM developer problems and proven track record working in developer relations.
- Experience in the IAM domain or using IAM products would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in technical marketing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A team player able to work across a globally dispersed team.
- Experience writing code, contributing to, and understanding of the community mechanisms.
- Strong customer focus and ownership.
- Willing to travel to conferences, meetups, and other events.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- 401K matching.