Careers - Sri Lanka
Lead – Software Quality Engineering
The WSO2 Enterprise Integration team is looking for an experienced quality engineering lead to drive quality engineering efforts within the team. The WSO2 Enterprise Integration team is responsible for producing integration middleware used by 100s of enterprises on their day to day production usage executing trillions of transactions.
The Quality Engineering Lead will play a key role in the team to deliver high-quality product releases to end users especially meeting quality expectations. Responsibilities include understanding multiple integration domain areas, preparing test plans, defining test strategies, understanding and raising performance concerns, and ensuring that the product releases to meet very high quality standards in all aspects including the software and corresponding documentation. The ideal candidate must possess excellent technical, domain, and integration knowledge; and work closely with all team members and provide leadership to quality assurance engineers.
- Sound understanding of test automation methodologies and ability to implement and guide a test automation effort.
- Hands-on skills in multiple testing tools and technologies including test scripting, test execution, and test results analyzing.
- Complete understanding of the delivery model and guide engineers to complete day to day activities.
- Ability to analyze and review the code to understand the implementation aspects of integrations.
- Ability to analyze the quality engineering challenges and provide the best solution within the expected timelines.
- Review scripts and other artifacts to ensure adherence to best practices and defined guidelines.
- Research and develop continuous process improvements for better productivity and quality engineering efficiency.
- Ability to learn new tools within a short time frame.
- Collaborate effectively to solve problems and make improvements to deliver end-to-end quality.
- Passionate about ensuring the highest level of quality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on requirements.
- Plan and conduct technical training and development for quality engineering team members.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- 3 years experience as QA Lead\Tech Specialist.
- Thorough knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and testing.
- Good knowledge of software development, the software development lifecycle, and industry trends.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to self-learn and grasp knowledge/concepts quickly.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented concepts and Java programming.
- Ability to express and articulate information clearly and accurately.
- Good knowledge of automation and performance tools; and the ability to continuously learn new technologies.
- Possess good time management skills and an optimistic attitude.
- Leadership, coordination, presentation, estimation, and evaluation skills.