Careers - United States
Legal Affairs Team
WSO2 is the world’s #1 open source integration vendor, offering a platform that enables businesses to integrate, manage, and govern any API, data or system — on-premise or in the cloud. Enterprises and governments across the world rely on WSO2’s consulting and subscriptions that accelerate the evolution of any digital native initiative.
WSO2 is not only an organization that creates the world’s best open source technology - we’re also a community. People from all over the world come to showcase their creativity, express themselves, and pursue their many passions. The result? We help some of the largest global businesses become integration agile with our technology.
Currently we’re on the lookout for a Legal Officer to join our growing team in Mountain View, CA. The job reports to the Vice President - Legal.
- Providing day to day legal support to the sales and other internal teams.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of customer sales agreements with customers.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the law and periodically updating internal teams.
- Coordinating with other functions across global teams at WSO2.
- Assisting the legal team with additional legal matters and special projects as needed.
Qualifications and experience
- Juris Doctorate degree with a good academic record from an accredited law school in USA.
- 2-3 years of legal experience covering drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial and licensing agreements.
- Experience working with sales and other internal teams.
- Experience in IP, IT, data protection law is an advantage although not a must.
- Good analytical ability.
- Good written, oral, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution in a team environment, integrating legal advice and business knowledge while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits.
- Strong people skills with proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal teams at all levels and work on cross-functional teams.
- Practical and proactive problem-solver; confident, mature, calm under fire, with a positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic for a fast-paced environment.
- Admitted to California bar in good standing.