WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
As part of the sales function the WSO2 Solutions Architecture Team is more than just another team delivering middleware. We deliver API and integration software solutions that revolutionize the way the world's top enterprises use APIs and integration to empower them. WSO2's open source, open standards, and open business philosophy keep us right on the leading edge of trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
Our engineers and architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. We feature some of the best minds in the industry with a passion for leading-edge technology. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition as those who deliver industry-leading open-source technology.
Solutions Architects at WSO2 provide prospects and customers with the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need to use WSO2 products.
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Architects today and their role in technology sales, read this article.
- Understand the capabilities of WSO2 products and the business benefits they deliver
- Work with prospective customers to design solutions that deliver on their requirements
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor to WSO2 customers - both prospects and customers
- Knowledgeable on the ever fast-moving, evolving technology landscape and understand how and where WSO2 fits in
- Work with Account Managers, Account Teams, and Business Partners on account planning, strategy, expansions, and new sales opportunities
- Maintain a strong customer focus:
- Work closely with WSO2 & Business Partner account teams on current strategy, current status, and future expansions
- Work closely with WSO2 & Business Partner account teams and client teams on account health, course correction, and technical coordination
- Engage with customer architecture leadership via architecture and design discussions, demonstrations, on-site visits, short-term consulting engagements, and presenting at workshops and seminars
- Identify selling opportunities and participate in the sales process as required
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of architecture, design, and inner workings of WSO2 products and solutions
- Contribute client and market feedback to product teams and company strategy, be the voice of the customer
- Contribute towards the overall team operational model and governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8 to 10 years of industry experience
- At least 3 years experience at the architect level
- Experience in a technical pre-sales role (or equivalent) is highly desirable
Technical Requirements and Knowledge
- Key technical, design, and architecture skillset with the ability to architect or design pragmatic solutions
- Experience in business, system architecture principles, architecture patterns, processes, and frameworks
- Experience in technical selling / pre-sales / solution consultancy
- Exceptional client management skills, ability to guide, train, and negotiate technical decisions
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities - the ability to present to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including business leaders, developers, and architects
- Ability to deliver and present demonstrations and POCs to a diverse audience
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown
- Take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team
- An affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills and mentoring skills to help develop junior members in the Solutions Architecture team
- Ability (e.g. passport) to travel on short notice for short term assignments interstate & overseas
- This is a customer-facing role that requires travel to customer locations up to around 40% of the time based on the needs of the business
- At least 5 years experience based in Australia in a relevant or similar technology capacity
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- Opportunities to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Superannuation to your preferred provider