Location: Remote (Global)
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 800 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The Product Marketing Manager (IAM) owns, leads, and drives the messaging, positioning, competitive analysis, GTM (Go-To-Market) strategy, and enablement for our IAM offering, creating strong brand awareness globally, with the ultimate goal of generating increased demand for the product. It is expected that you will have a strong understanding of customer behavior, competitor strategy, potential threats, the latest trends in the market, pricing, etc. You will also contribute to product strategy and roadmap as well as build the content strategy for the IAM BU.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will have to work with an array of internal and external stakeholders such as Product Leadership, Technical Product teams, the Regional and Corporate Marketing teams, Regional Sales, Solutions Architecture teams, WSO2 customers, and partners, all of whom are dispersed across the globe.
- Product messaging and positioning: Develop captivating messaging, positioning, and value propositions.
- Go-to-Market: Build and drive the solution’s global GTM strategy, set competitive positioning, and manage day-to-day marketing activities.
- Sales enablement: Effectively enable both WSO2 teams and partner networks through competitive intelligence and sales tools to communicate the value proposition of the solution.
- Analyst relations: Routinely brief lead analyst firms in the industry to list WSO2 Identity Server in reports and create top-of-mind awareness for the product.
- Persona research: Build buyer personas by being the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your end-users and how they use your product; act as “the voice of the customer” across all functions (i.e., Product Management, Sales, Marketing).
- Thought leadership: Create thought leadership content pieces by researching relevant topics for particular personas, topics from the identity world, and geopolitical/technology topics related to the same, where relevant.
- Insights and research: Strive to continuously deliver industry, market and product insights and vision to support product roadmap/positioning, campaign development and other relevant areas, and company growth.
- Build strong customer relationships to gather references, case studies, and testimonials.
- Work closely with WSO2’s partner network (implementation partners and technology partners) to assist Co-Marketing activities, and partner enablement.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of a graduate degree in Marketing or Communications.
- A background in and/or qualifications in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, brand marketing, advertising, or a similar role related to B2B marketing activities, preferably related to SaaS, software products, or technology sales.
- 2+ years of experience in the Identity and Access Management industry and/or SaaS space.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and implementing multi-channel, B2B technology marketing strategies.
- Experience and the ability to work with and coordinate globally dispersed teams, cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present and explain complex topics to a diverse stakeholder group.
- Experience training sales teams as part of bringing products to market.
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tools and their effective use.
- Highly organized, multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to an energetic culture.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
Diversity Drives Innovation
We’ve built our business on a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe it’s important to foster an environment that values and respects each individual’s strengths, perspectives, and ideas. Doing so not only drives innovation; it also ensures that we can create superior experiences for our customers, partners, and employees worldwide. We value the diversity of our team regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status, and we do not tolerate any form of discrimination.