Careers - Sri Lanka
Product Marketing Manager
WSO2 products consist of WSO2 API Manager, WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, and WSO2 Identity Server; they are leading open-source middleware products in the market today. The portfolio also includes industry vertical solutions associated with the Financial and Healthcare sectors. WSO2 products and solutions are used by clients across the globe including several fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for a highly passionate individual for product marketing in advocating our OEM / Technology Partnerships line of business within the organization.
As the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for WSO2 OEM and Technology Partnership line of business, you are expected to define effective marketing strategies that will deliver our products/solutions’ value and messaging to diverse audiences and technology companies around the world with the ultimate goal of generating increased demand for OEM /Technology Partnerships.
You will need to gain expert knowledge of WSO2 products and industry solutions, understand the potential OEM and technology partnership drivers, and work towards driving strategic sales within these lines of business. It’s expected that you will pose solid understanding in customer behavior, competitor strategies, potential threats, latest trends in the market, and pricing. Based on this knowledge you will be responsible for working with the teams to fine-tune the positioning and messaging of the products and solutions. You will also contribute to other aspects such as technology partnership strategy and content strategy.
As a PMM, you will have to work with various internal and external stakeholders. You are expected to work with the teams closely, take initiative and coordinate marketing-related tasks, and collaborate with the sales, internal corporate marketing team, technology partner marketing teams, field marketers, and external marketing agencies by helping them with the expert product knowledge to support marketing tasks such as campaigns and events.
- Own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the OEM and Technology Partner line of business. Collaborate with internal/external marketing teams and also work very closely with technology partner marketing teams in driving joint marketing activities or supporting technology partner marketing teams in helping with their marketing efforts.
- Develop OEM and Technology Partnership messaging and identify the WSO2 technology positioning by conducting an overall analysis of the enterprise domain. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the product messaging and positioning and proactively improve it.
- Contribute to the OEM strategy, and content strategy by bringing in intelligence from current market behavior.
- Identify new means/channels for marketing and take the initiative in planning and implementing the marketing effort via such channels.
- Generate sales-enablement and marketing content in association with WSO2 products for the OEM line of business. Ensure all content is consistent across the board and of high quality.
- Identify global and local events that are suited for WSO2 Integration and take ownership of the participation process.
- Work with marketing and sales teams as an expert on the OEM and Technology line of business for various sales and marketing activities.
- Build strong customer relationships to gather references, case studies, and testimonials.
- Produce write-ups and articles for various content publishing platforms (mostly online) on the OEM line of business in general with the aim of gaining traction for the product.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of a graduate degree in marketing is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing or a similar role related to marketing activities, preferably of a software product or technical sales.
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tools and their effective use.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.