WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
We’re looking to recruit a Product Marketing Manager with experience in the enterprise SaaS space. You will own, lead, and drive the messaging, positioning, competitive analysis, GTM (Go-To-Market) strategy, and enablement for our SaaS offering, create strong brand awareness globally, with the ultimate goal of generating increased demand for the product. Winning with developers is key - this will be a unique challenge in store.
The ideal candidate would already have extensive experience within the Enterprise Integration market, promoting SaaS solutions, and have extensive Product Marketing and/or Technical Marketing experience. It is expected that you will have a strong understanding of customer behavior strategies of competitors, potential threats, latest trends in the market, pricing, etc. You will also contribute to other aspects such as product strategy and content strategy.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will also have to work with various internal and external stakeholders such as product leadership, technical product teams, the regional and corporate marketing teams, regional sales & solutions architecture teams, WSO2 customers & partners, all dispersed globally.
- Product Messaging & Positioning: Develop captivating messaging, positioning, and value propositions
- Go-to-Market: Build and drive the solution’s global GTM strategy, set competitive positioning, and manage “day-to-day” marketing activities
- Sales Enablement: Effectively enable both WSO2 teams and WSO2’s partner networks through competitive intelligence and sales tools to communicate the value proposition of the solution
- Analyst relations: Routinely brief lead analyst firms in the industry and create top of mind recall for the product
- Persona research: Build buyer personas by being the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your end-users and how they use your product; act as “the voice of the customer” across all functions (i.e. product management, sales, marketing)
- Thought Leadership: Create thought leadership content pieces by researching relevant topics for particular personas, relevant trends, and geopolitical/technology topics related to the same, where relevant
- Insights & Research: Strive to continuously deliver industry, market, and product insights and vision to support product roadmap/positioning, campaign development and other relevant areas, and company growth
- Build strong customer relationships to gather references, case studies, and testimonials
- Work closely with WSO2’s partner network (implementation partners & technology partners) to assist Co-Marketing activities, and partner enablement
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of a graduate degree in Marketing or Communications,
- A background in and/or qualifications in Computer Science and/or Software Engineering is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, brand marketing, advertising, or a similar role related to B2B marketing activities, preferably related to SaS, software products, or technology sales
- 2+ years of experience in the Enterprise Integration and/or SaaS space
- Demonstrate experience in developing and implementing a multi-channel, B2B technology marketing strategies
- Experience and the ability to work with and coordinate globally dispersed teams, cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to explain complex topics to a diverse stakeholder group
- Experience training sales teams as part of bringing products to the market
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tools and their effective use
- Highly organized, multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to an energetic culture