Careers - Sri Lanka
Product Marketing Manager - WSO2 Enterprise Integrator
WSO2 Enterprise Integrator is one of the leading open source integration software products in the market today. It is used by clients across the globe including several fortune 500 companies, WSO2 Enterprise Integrator offers a comprehensive set of features to cater to a wide spectrum of enterprise integration requirements that span across multiple market segments. The WSO2 Enterprise Integration team is looking for a highly passionate individual for product marketing, who can work independently and proactively as a Product Marketing Manager.
As the Product Marketing Manager of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, you are expected to define effective marketing strategies that will deliver our product value and messaging to diverse audiences around the world, with the ultimate goal of generating increased demand for the product.
You will have to become an expert in the integration product market. It’s expected that you will pose solid understanding in the behavior of the customers and strategies of the competitors, potential threats, latest trends in the market, pricing, et.. Based on this knowledge you will be responsible for working with the team leadership to fine tune the positioning and messaging of the product. You will also contribute to other aspects such as product strategy and content strategy.
As the Product Marketing Manager you will have to work with various internal and external stakeholders. You are expected to work with the product team closely, take initiative and coordinate marketing related tasks, and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams by helping them with the expert product knowledge to support marketing tasks such as campaigns and events.
- Own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new product releases and execute it by closely working with the product team, marketing team, and other stakeholders. Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the GTM strategy and take proactive actions to improve it.
- Develop product messaging and identify the product positioning by conducting an overall analysis of the enterprise domain. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the product messaging and positioning and proactively improve it.
- Contribute to the product strategy, product road map, and content strategy by bringing in intelligence from current market behavior.
- Identify new means/channels for marketing and take the initiative in planning and implementing the marketing effort via such channels.
- Generate sales-enablement and marketing content by working with the product team while making sure that they are consistent with WSO2 Enterprise Integrator positioning and messaging. Ensure all content is consistent across the board and of high quality.
- Translate technical capabilities and features into easily understandable value proposition for customers and make sure they are communicated properly in WSO2 Enterprise Integrator product marketing and sales content.
- Identify global and local events that are suited for WSO2 Enterprise Integrator and take ownership of the participation process.
- Work with marketing and sales teams as an expert on the enterprise integration domain and WSO2 Enterprise Integrator for various sales and marketing activities. Ensure these teams have all the required content/tools related to WSO2 Enterprise Integrator.
- Build strong customer relationships to gather references, case studies, and testimonials.
- Routinely brief analysts to list WSO2 Enterprise Integrator in well known analyst reports such as Gartner and Forrester.
- Produce write ups and articles for various publishers (mostly online) on WSO2 Enterprise Integrator and enterprise integration with the aim of gaining traction for the product.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of a graduate degree in marketing is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing or a similar role related to marketing activities, preferably of a software product or technical sales.
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tools and their effective use.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.