WSO2’s Integration team is looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate QA Architect to own the quality aspect of our hybrid integration platform. The ideal candidate will have experience in assuring the quality of modern SaaS solutions and enterprise software products. As a QA Architect, you will define the QA architecture and process for the platform, build and lead a team, and drive our quality engineering strategy. We believe in an automation-heavy QA practice; however, we understand that a mix of automation and manual testing is required to deliver a total quality experience.
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is up for a real challenge. If you have the necessary experience, leadership and negotiation skills, and are creative when it comes to solving problems, we want to hear from you!
- Ownership of assuring the quality of the hybrid integration platform that spans through SaaS, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios.
- Define QA strategies for the platform’s SaaS and on-premises components.
- Decide between automation vs. manual testing for components depending on what best fits, while adopting automation as much as possible.
- Ensure quality checks are included in the CI/CD and release processes.
- Make sure quality is preserved and regressions are minimized during patching/updating.
- Decide the most suitable technologies to be used to test different types of components such as UIs, REST APIs, microservices, etc.
- Lead a team, recruit new members, be a mentor, and resolve conflicts.
- Provide feedback to extended teams – such as documentation, marketing, and UX – to improve the overall user experience.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience in quality assurance.
- Possess a strong understanding of testing concepts and principles.
- Experience in testing middleware solutions, distributed systems, microservices, and container platforms.
- Experience in defining a QA strategy for a SaaS solution is a must and will be a deciding factor.
- Technical testing and test automation experience.
- Excellent understanding about the role of testing in the software development lifecycle and testing in different software development methodologies.
- Experience in performance testing.
- Proficiency in continuous integration, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, and Git.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in collaboration with a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Work unsupervised on multiple concurrent activities while taking ownership and prioritizing accordingly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.