Careers - Brazil
Sales Director, Pod Lead
You will provide leadership and support to a team of sales managers and partner managers and will be based in our office in São Paulo. As part of our sales leadership team, you will use your communication and motivation skills to lead by example in a dynamically growing organization.
- Create, develop, and motivate a high performing team by mentoring, challenging, and developing sales managers. Support team members’ individual and collective growth by celebrating their successes and achievements. Provide positive feedback and celebrate managers’ success. Provide transparent and consistent feedback to inspire your team to stretch, perform their best, and continue to develop.
- Manage and validate pipeline by assessing early-stage leads to ensure team is at or above quota at all times. Analyze the quality of prospective clients with the sales team to proactively achieve quarterly and annual quotas.
- Accurately forecast prospective clients. Develop and implement quarterly business plans to achieve targeted worksite POD goals and revenue targets set forth by the Vice President of Sales.
- Demonstrate a deep level of understanding of WSO2 services, products, and current sales cycles.
- Demonstrate a strong external focus including external industry involvement to influence the direction and growth of WSO2’s reputation in the Latin American market.
- Monitor team performance, provide ongoing feedback, and apply clear, consistent performance standards aligned with sales goals.
- Foster co-operation, communication, and commitment among team. Encourage collaboration within and across organizational boundaries.
- Establish a mechanism to ensure optimal level of teamwork by valuing contributions and encouraging accountability. Anticipate and resolve conflicts, and remove barriers to team’s success.
- Act as a key player in managing corporate change initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development and learning of team members by providing resources and creating learning opportunities.
- Act like a Champion of WSO2 core values, demonstrating our culture daily in your attitude.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. However, a combination of both education and experience will be considered.
- Fluency English and Spanish.
- Availability and willingness to travel frequently within Latin America; and USA and Sri Lanka for quarterly business review meetings.
- 8+ years of experience leading sales managers.
- 5+ years of experience in Inside Sales.
- 10+ years of consultative B2B sales, preferably in SMB market.
- Sales lead development and prospecting for new business.
- Experience developing own leads and prospecting for new business.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in the middleware/software Sales segment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to influence C-level executives and help direct reports drive new client business.