Careers - Sri Lanka
Security Engineer (Network & Cloud Security) - Security & Compliance Team
The Security & Compliance Team at WSO2 works towards continuously improving the security posture of our products, services, and infrastructure, and to promote a security culture within the organization.
We have a vacancy for a Security Engineer who is willing to help solve the security challenges in our IT Infrastructure and Cloud deployments.
- Build company-wide processes to improve the security posture of the IT infrastructure and cloud deployments.
- Participate in deployment security reviews, threat modeling, and penetration testing.
- Conduct research on new technologies and methodologies related to cloud security and the latest vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Evangelize the security knowledge across the operations teams by preparing best practices guidelines and training them.
- Provide guidance and assistance to operations teams to handle security incidents and other security-related tasks.
- Participate in security-related conferences like BlackHat and present our research and methodologies to the wider security community.
- Work with external security researchers on the responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities.
- Knowledgeable in computer security principles and practices, and willingness to continuously learn, apply, and share.
- Passionate about network and cloud security domains, including the security of container orchestration mechanisms such as Kubernetes.
- Ability to effectively communicate security aspects to technical and non-technical personnel.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Networking, or Cybersecurity is preferred.
- Experience in security hardening a network infrastructure is preferred.
- Experience in security hardening one or more cloud providers is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience in Kubernetes is an added advantage.
- Experience in formal penetration testing is an added advantage.
- Renowned security and cloud certifications are an added advantage.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.