Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Data Science Engineer
WSO2 is looking for data science engineers for a role that focuses on the growth and global expansion of the company. We are looking for engineers with a strong technical background and experience in data science, algorithms, machine learning, and AI technologies. Prospective hires will work as a part of the corporate data science team and will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data across all business processes, visualizing trends and communicating key insight to support strategic decision making covering sales, marketing, customer success, solutions architecture, and product R&D. Deep analytical skills, creative thinking, the willingness to learn, and a strong background in computing and mathematics are essential for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Extract data from multiple sources
- Enhance core business processes by defining standardized data models
- Produce dashboards and summary reports to visualize trends and communicate findings
- Work closely with the research team to develop an adopt algorithms and machine learning models for data analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to measure key results and validate their suitability to support growth requirements of the business
- Measure and monitor key growth indicators
- Communicate knowledge and insights to key stakeholders and make recommendations to adapt business strategies
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent technical design and programming skills
- Strong background in mathematics and statistical methods
- Experience in using data science toolkits in Python
- Experience in data visualization, dashboard, and report generation using a mixture of Python libraries and web technologies
- Experience in adopting machine learning models, deep learning algorithms, and/ or AI techniques
- Communication skills and the ability to present insight to senior management
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.