Careers - United States
Product Management Team
Senior Director - Product Management
WSO2 is the world’s largest open source integration company and 6th largest open source software company. Our 500 enterprise customers execute 6 trillion transactions each year on our technology powering everything from banking, manufacturing, insurance, healthcare, technology, and government.
Product management is vital to our long-term business success as we seek to build products and solutions that are focused on winning in the complex, distributed systems market.
This position will oversee our product management activities and product strategy. You will facilitate designing and driving market winning product strategy. The role coordinates and collaborates across numerous product engineering, marketing, sales, solution architecture, engineering, and delivery teams. You will also build relationships with customers and prospects to understand and define product direction.
You will guide and enable the product teams to help realize the product vision and strategy focus on contributions to our business, building new products, technical partnerships, acquisitions, community, and ecosystem building. You will work closely with engineering and architecture team leadership to set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules.
You will be responsible for updating our view of the entire integration ecosystem along with defining potential build, buy, and partner opportunities.
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information while managing chaos, ambiguity, and complexity. You should be prepared to clarify and describe opportunity within fuzzy market conditions. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big picture vision and the drive to make it reality. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
You will work with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working to support the sales channel and key customers.
- Act as the messenger of the market for the organization based on insights from competition, customers, prospects, and partners
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue
- Develop roadmaps for our products to illustrate our direction and keep the roadmaps updated based on our agile journey
- Develop and maintain business strategy proposals that make compelling cases for continued investment into products
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing on the creation of positioning for products
- Create user stories and product usage scenarios based on the market’s problems
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from prototyping to end of life
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner, community, ecosystem relationships for the product
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes for continuous improvement
- Keep track of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce threats
- 10+ years of development, architecture, enterprise/solution architecture, product management experience
- Passionate about building products and winning in markets
- Track record of customer and stakeholder management
- Evidence on ability to prioritize, drive decision-making, and negotiating skills
- Experience in cross team collaboration, team management, and mentoring skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Experience with agile delivery, release, and delivery management
- Exposure into customer projects, desired outcomes, and appropriate experiences
- Enterprise integration subject matter expert/industry experience
- This position requires domestic and international travel to customers, partners, and regional offices