Careers - United Kingdom
Senior Field Marketing Officer - UK/EU
As a Senior Field Marketing Manager for based in our UK office, you will lead hands-on efforts to work alongside our UK/EU sales organizations to develop the overall function and to help create sales-qualified leads, driving the pipeline. Working closely with corporate marketing and other Field Marketers, you will help align product messaging and calls-to-action to roll out go-to-market efforts including presence at local events, meetups, conferences, development, targeted demand-generation campaigns, and find ways to engage local communities of potential customers.
This is a high-profile opportunity to create and define the UK field marketing function, and an exceptional chance to bridge marketing and sales to help drive net-new business.
The successful candidate is one who takes initiative, doesn’t hesitate to make constructive suggestions, can manage budgeting and scheduling, and most of all, is results-oriented. This is an extraordinary opportunity to generate success, and potentially grow a larger Field Marketing organization.
- Help define the WSO2 Field marketing function, activities, outcomes, and goals/KPIs.
- Maintain an outcome-based goal set and metrics tracking effectiveness including marketing-qualified leads, sales-qualified leads, and cost-per-lead efficiency.
- Partner with sales, corporate marketing, event management, and social marketing to identify and participate in local events and develop demand generation content.
- Plan, create, schedule, execute, and measure targeted demand generation campaigns in support of UK/EU-based sales teams.
- Partner with corporate marketing help develop and roll-out content marketing programs.
- Partner with product marketing to develop overall go-to-market strategy and marketing programs to drive UK/EU demand.
- Be the market expert for local (Geo) market intelligence, buyer personas, buying habits, and buying criteria.
- Manage entire UK/EU field marketing budget and scheduling.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in field marketing, demand creation, and/or go-to-market program creation and roll-out.
- Experience with marketing to technical, developer, or open-source audiences a plus.
- Knowledge engaging local communities, meet-ups, user groups, etc. a definite plus.
- Experience working in developer marketing and open source communities.
- Able to fluently communicate and write in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Awareness about local events and how to engage WSO2 on them.
WSO2 Internal Notes on the position/function:
- Field Marketing functions will be dedicated by GEO (not by Pod) and located in-GEO with the pods they support.
- Field marketing to be measured on marketing-qualified leads, sales-qualified leads, and $ efficiency per lead.
- Will report into the marketing org, with dotted-line reporting to head-of-sales.
- Field Marketing budget use will require approval from Pod sales leads.