Careers - United Kingdom
Senior Field Marketing Officer - UK
As a Senior Field Marketing Officer based in our UK office, you will lead hands-on efforts to work alongside our UK/EU sales organizations to develop the overall function and to help create sales-qualified leads, driving the pipeline. Working closely with corporate marketing and other Field Marketers, you will help align product messaging and calls-to-action to roll out go-to-market efforts including presence at local events, meetups, conferences, development, targeted demand-generation campaigns, and find ways to engage local communities of potential customers.
This is a high-profile opportunity to create and define the UK field marketing function, and an exceptional chance to bridge marketing and sales to help drive net-new business in the UK and Africa.
The successful candidate is one who takes initiative, doesn’t hesitate to make constructive suggestions, can manage budgeting and scheduling, and most of all, is results-oriented. This is an extraordinary opportunity to generate success and potentially grow a larger Field Marketing organization.
- Help define the WSO2 Field marketing function, activities, outcomes, and goals/KPIs
- Maintain an outcome-based goal set and metrics tracking effectiveness including marketing-qualified leads, sales-qualified leads, and cost-per-lead efficiency
- Partner with sales, corporate marketing, event management, and social marketing to identify and participate in local events and develop demand generation content
- Plan, create, schedule, execute, and measure targeted demand generation campaigns in support of UK/EU-based sales teams
- Partner with corporate marketing help develop and roll-out content marketing programs
- Partner with product marketing to develop overall go-to-market strategy and marketing programs to drive UK/EU demand
- Be the market expert for local (Geo) market intelligence, buyer personas, buying habits, and buying criteria
- Manage entire UK/EU field marketing budget and scheduling
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in field marketing, demand creation, and/or go-to-market program creation and roll-out
- Experience with marketing to technical, developer, or open-source audiences a plus
- Knowledge engaging local communities, meet-ups, user groups, etc. a definite plus
- Experience working in developer marketing and open source communities
- Able to fluently communicate and write in English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Awareness about local events and how to engage WSO2 on them
WSO2 Internal Notes on the position/function:
- Field Marketing functions will be dedicated by GEO (not by Pod) and located in-GEO with the pods they support
- Field marketing to be measured on marketing-qualified leads, sales-qualified leads, and $ efficiency per lead
- Will report into the marketing org, with dotted-line reporting to head-of-sales
- Field Marketing budget use will require approval from Pod sales leads