Location: Remote, US
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 800 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
In the Solutions Architecture (SA) Team, our Engineers and Architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of one team, we feature some of the best minds in the industry. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition, as those who deliver industry-leading open-source technology.
As a member of the Solutions Architecture team, the selected candidate will provide prospects and customers with the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need to use WSO2 products.
- Serve as a trusted Technical Adviser to WSO2 prospects and customers.
- Demonstrate technical expertise on WSO2 products, solutions, and general technology.
- Knowledgeable in the fast-moving, ever-evolving technology landscape and understand how and where WSO2 fits in.
- Work with Account Managers and Account teams on account planning, strategy, expansions, and new sales opportunities.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of architecture, design, and the inner workings of WSO2 products and solutions.
- Engage with customer architecture leadership via architecture and design discussions, demonstrations, on-site visits, short-term consulting engagements and be present at workshops and seminars.
- Work closely with Account teams and client teams on account health, course correction, and technical coordination.
- Identify selling opportunities and participate in the sales process as required.
- Contribute client and market feedback to Product teams and company strategy; be the voice of the customer.
- Contribute towards overall team leadership, the operational model, and governance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-7 years of working experience in Solutions Engineering/Solutions Architecture or equivalent role.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in software development and software design principles.
Technical Requirements and Knowledge:
- Key technical, design, and architecture skillset with the ability to architect or design pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in business, system architecture principles, architecture patterns, processes, and frameworks.
- Experience in technical selling/pre-sales/solution consultancy.
- Exceptional client management skills: Ability to guide, train, and negotiate technical decisions.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including developers and architects will be valued.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually, as well as work effectively through escalations with the Engineering team.
- Possess an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills and mentoring skills to help develop junior members in the Solutions Architecture team.
- This is a customer-facing role that requires travel to customer locations up to around 30% of the time, based on the needs of the business
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- 401K matching.
Diversity Drives Innovation
We’ve built our business on a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe it’s important to foster an environment that values and respects each individual’s strengths, perspectives, and ideas. Doing so not only drives innovation; it also ensures that we can create superior experiences for our customers, partners, and employees worldwide. We value the diversity of our team regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status, and we do not tolerate any form of discrimination.