WSO2 is looking for a Senior Legal Officer to join the Legal team, reporting to Legal head of BU and Vice President Legal and working in conjunction with other members of the global legal team. The role will be based in Brazil. This individual will be responsible for supporting the LATAM region.
You are a proactive lawyer with excellent judgment and strong interpersonal skills. You are comfortable with working on your own and have the capacity to support the business in managing risk and providing advice and guidance to stakeholders.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Review, draft, and negotiate legal contracts and documents and advise stakeholders in accordance with business requirements.
- Advise stakeholders on data protection and ensure compliance.
- As the point of contact for the legal team in Brazil, take direction and work independently with minimum supervision, taking ownership/responsibility for matters allocated to you.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s business needs, targets, and strategies.
- Execute and deliver in accordance with team SLAs in a global work environment.
- Work with and provide support to the legal team with input and assistance as necessary.
- Display sound judgment and escalate issues to leads.
- Be well-versed in company policies and licensing models as it applies to your day-to-day work.
- Research and provide solutions for issues at hand in the areas of work assigned to you.
Qualifications and skills:
- A degree in Law is a must. A bar qualification is an added advantage unless it is a requirement in the location.
- Experience at a law firm will be an advantage.
- Two years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Sound domain knowledge with a focus on contracting and corporate law. Working knowledge of IP law and software licensing will be an advantage.
- Experience working in a fast-paced global work environment across time zones.
- Good communication skills.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.