Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Marketing Officer — Content
Supported by a strong technology team, marketing at WSO2 is at the forefront of growing our world-class business. We constantly break new ground by communicating creatively and engagingly with customers in all our marketing activities. We are looking for an amazing team member who is creative, data driven, analytical minded, and willing to explore new ventures.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for editing and creating high-impact content to educate, influence, and activate target audiences. You will work closely with product management and design teams to create content people actually want, share these on the channels they use, and measure the results.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate must be well versed with technology and marketing trends, have excellent written and verbal English skills, have great ‘people skills’, and be highly self-motivated.
The ideal candidate should also have some or all of the following:
- 2-3 years of experience in copywriting, editing, PR, or journalism
- Experience in content development for different target audiences across multiple channels, ideally in the IT sector
- University degree (e.g., English or Communications) and/or a professional qualification such as CIM
- Highly computer literate and comfortable using content management systems (CMS) and social media tools
- Knowledge of SEO and social media and digital marketing
- Knowledge of key metrics tracking
- Ability to multitask and work on many projects simultaneously
- Skilled at creating and editing long-form (articles, white papers, and blogs) and short-form content (social media posts, banner ads, and emails)
- Effective project and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.