Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Marketing Officer - Product Marketing
As a Senior Marketing Officer - Product Marketing at WSO2, you will craft the product messaging and positioning and help create inbound / outbound marketing material for products in our API-led Integration product line. You will also need to develop a deep understanding of the customers and the markets in which we operate, as well as the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into powerful value propositions.
You will become an expert on the product’s market and customer buying patterns, and will transfer that knowledge to the sales and marketing teams, as well as to the rest of the company.
This role is multifaceted and requires a passion for identifying opportunities to assist our customers, making judgments on creative, messaging, and copy, analyzing data, and developing customer-facing educational content.
- Become a market expert on the product’s buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Also become an expert on the product’s competition and weaknesses.
- Communicate product value propositions and develop supporting sales tools and marketing material.
- Maintain product positioning and messaging documents.
- Develop messaging and collateral to position products as the leaders in their categories.
- Develop competitive intelligence that provides a deep understanding of the market.
- Develop the product’s go-to-market strategy, execution, and marketing programs to drive demand.
- Ensure sales, enablement, and marketing teams have all the necessary content materials enabling them to get new leads and customers.
- Develop customer relationships to develop references, drive case studies, and identify champions.
- Collaborate with product management to maintain Product roadmaps.
- Maintain product pages on Website pages.
- Develop and maintain analyst presentations.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in product marketing, product management, or marketing-related activity.
- Knowledge or familiarity in the enterprise software sales/marketing domain.
- Experience with marketing to technical, developer, or open-source audiences.
- Technical or sales backgrounds.
- Ability to write concise executive-level presentations and papers.