Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Marketing Officer - Social Media Marketing
At WSO2, we are driven to help developers innovate faster by making it easier to integrate and program the world’s disaggregated scale architectures, all using open source technology. Today we are the world’s #1 open source integration vendor, offering a platform that enables businesses to integrate, manage, and govern any API, data or system — on-premises or in the cloud. Enterprises and governments across the world rely on WSO2’s consulting and subscriptions that accelerate the evolution of any digital native initiative.
Supported by a strong technology team, Marketing at WSO2 is at the forefront of growing the business. We constantly break new ground by communicating creatively and engagingly with customers and developers in all our marketing activities. The Marketing team offers a unique opportunity to build a strong global technology brand.
We are looking for a social marketing professional who is creative, curious, analytical minded, and willing to explore new approaches to outreach and engage our various customer and influencer demographics - and to ultimately help us build a strong and engaging online brand.
In this role you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our social media presence on properties such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and others. You’ll also work closely with our technical, product marketing, product management, and event teams to develop engaging content and social programs. In addition, you will:
- Establish and execute social marketing strategies, programs, and metrics
- Develop innovative approaches to appeal to audience demographics ranging from executives to developers
- Help engage influencers, pre-sales prospects, and customers
- Help engage and involve employees in social programs
Candidate must be well acquainted with social marketing tools and technologies, have excellent verbal and written English skills, have great ‘people skills’, and be highly self-motivated. Must also be capable and comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and programs.
The ideal candidate should also have some or all of these characteristics:
- 1-3 years experience in marketing programs and/or social marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of online communities and social formats
- Experience in content development targeting different audiences/demographics
- University degree (e.g. English or Communications) and/or professional qualifications such as CIM
- Highly computer literate, and comfortable using social media tools, content management systems, and basic graphics development tools
- Knowledge of SEO basics, digital marketing techniques
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent project management skills to achieve deadlines
- Ability to set and achieve quantitative as well as qualitative goals