Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 800 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
We seek a highly motivated, creative individual to add to our world-class team of event professionals. You will take full ownership of all events assigned to you, bring new ideas and ways to connect with our key audiences, and successfully meet all pre-defined event goals and objectives. You enjoy collaborating and are highly skilled at managing relationships across teams. You are dedicated to delighting audiences and delivering amazing physical and virtual experiences. If this sounds like you, come and do the best (and most exciting) work of your career here at WSO2!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Handle all types of events (webinars, workshops, and summits - internal and joint) and be a subject matter expert.
- Be competent in systems used for events - GoToWebinar, Zoom, Pardot, Salesforce, etc. - and contribute to the evaluation and optimization of these systems and tools.
- Manage and execute end-to-end events process to deliver pre-defined event and organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop a keen understanding of target persona preferences and tailor strategies accordingly.
- Provide feedback and guidance to stakeholders to deliver best-in-class events that cultivate engagement, brand awareness, and leads for WSO2.
- Plan and organize events with specific attention to the objectives, audience, and financial and time constraints.
- Effectively negotiate and execute contracts for large- and small-scale events to drive company profitability and optimize customer acquisition costs.
- Work within the defined budget and track expenses to ensure adherence to the event budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of event projects/campaigns, and provide fact-based, data-driven recommendations and feedback.
- Set, communicate, and maintain project timelines and priorities.
- Liaise and build relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) involved in event projects/campaigns.
- Be responsible for ordering and tracking event inventory including collateral and giveaways.
- Be up to date with the latest industry trends in virtual and in-person events that will help facilitate continuous improvement of event creativity and execution.
- Assist in evaluating new platforms, vendors, venues, etc. that enable improvements to existing event processes.
- Contribute to a high-performing, highly engaged, and highly curious team culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A degree or qualification in Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Hospitality is highly regarded.
- At least 2-4 years experience in event management, ideally within the virtual events space.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A curious mind, with sound analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to work well independently and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven project management experience.
- Highly organized, multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficiency in various event management software and tools and Microsoft Office/Google Suite.
- Proficiency in web design will be highly regarded.