Location: US Remote
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
WSO2 Integration Products
WSO2 integration products, which consist of WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Enterprise Integrator, are the leading open source middleware products in the market today. It is used by clients across the globe including several fortune 500 companies. The WSO2 integration product suite offers a comprehensive set of features to cater to a wide spectrum of enterprise integration and API management requirements that span across multiple market segments. The WSO2 integration team is looking for a highly passionate individual for product marketing, who can work independently and proactively as a Senior Product Marketing Manager.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager of the WSO2 integration suite, you are expected to define effective marketing strategies that will deliver our product value and messaging to diverse audiences around the world, with the ultimate goal of generating increased demand for the product.
You will have to become an expert in the integration and API market, and it is expected that you will possess a solid understanding in the behavior of customers, strategies of competitors, potential threats, latest trends in the market, pricing, etc. Based on this knowledge you will be responsible for working with the product leadership to fine-tune the positioning and messaging. You will also contribute to other aspects such as product strategy and content strategy.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will have to work with various internal and external stakeholders. You are expected to work with the product team closely, take initiative and coordinate marketing-related tasks, and collaborate with the sales team, internal corporate marketing team, field marketers and external marketing agencies by helping them with the expert product knowledge to support marketing tasks such as campaigns and events.
- Own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new product releases and execute it by closely working with the product team, internal/external marketing teams, and other stakeholders. Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the GTM strategy and take proactive actions to improve it.
- Develop product messaging and identify the product positioning by conducting an overall analysis of the enterprise domain. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the product messaging and positioning and proactively improve it.
- Contribute to the product strategy, product road map, and content strategy by bringing in intelligence from current market behavior.
- Identify new means/channels for marketing and take the initiative in planning and implementing the marketing effort via such channels.
- Generate sales enablement and marketing content by working with the product team while making sure that they are consistent with WSO2 integration positioning and messaging. Ensure all content is consistent across the board and of high quality.
- Translate technical capabilities and features into an easily understandable value proposition for customers and make sure they are communicated properly in WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Enterprise Integrator product marketing and sales content.
- Identify global and local events that are suited for WSO2 Integration and take ownership of the participation process.
- Work with marketing and sales teams as an expert on the enterprise integration and API domains for various sales and marketing activities. Ensure these teams have all the required content/tools related to integration.
- Build strong customer relationships to gather references, case studies, and testimonials.
- Routinely brief analysts to list WSO2 integration suite in well known analyst reports such as Gartner and Forrester.
- Produce write ups and articles for various content publishing platforms (mostly online) on WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Enterprise Integrator in general with the aim of gaining traction for the product.
- Travel required 10-20% of the time.
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of a graduate degree in marketing is preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in product marketing or a similar role related to marketing activities, preferably of a software product or technical sales.
- Thorough understanding of digital marketing tools and their effective use.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work and flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- 401K matching.