WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open-source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 18.5 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The primary purpose of this position is to join the ‘Automation' team and take full responsibility for integrating applications, features, and security in accordance with the company's internal needs. The candidate is expected to devote the majority of their time to understand the application domain, build solutions to digitize internal processes, integrate multiple applications using APIs, and learn about existing tools and development best practices. Another key expectation is to provide technical guidance and feedback to junior members of the team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and development
- Own applications or a set of features, understand the full scope of the application domain and how they fit together in the context of the organizational process and domain.
- Design and implement solutions adhering to the overall architecture and system design principles including performance, security, scalability, and quality of code.
- Identify user stories for the features and document them accordingly following the process.
- Follow the WSO2 development process end-to-end when developing applications/features i.e. coding best practices, patterns, automated testing, documentation, etc.
- Proactively own all other aspects of the feature including
- Testing and Test Automation
- Community engagement
- Delivery, support & maintenance
- Research on functional and technical improvements of the features.
- Introduce new ideas on improving solutions and overall technical design.
- Mentoring junior members on best practices and processes and provide technical guidance.
- Provide technical leadership to a small team, break down a project into smaller tasks and delegate to a sub-team, and track work assignments.
- Review and provide input on other people's Github pull requests in code reviews.
Customer-centric functions (Internal customers)
- Conduct product demos, training, and presentations.
- Monitor and assist with customer support issues, fixes, etc.
- Keep customers informed about tasks and progress on a regular basis.
- Actively interact with internal customers to gain a better understanding of their present and future needs, as well as to prioritize, organize, and develop a roadmap.
Teamwork and leadership
- Be an active team member and perform any ad hoc activities required for the team's success, particularly during product launches or customer support incidents.
- Develop strong professional relationships both within the team and with other stakeholder groups. Deal with conflict in a professional manner and strive for resolution.
- Communicate issues and risks ahead of time, and make every effort to keep deadlines and deliverables on track.
- Actively lead and carry out product and internal customer-related tasks in collaboration with other teams. (eg. Demo, UAT).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educational qualifications and work experiences
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- And 2 - 4 years relevant industry experience
- Technical skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability and eagerness to learn any new technologies.
- Strong development skills and proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience in Java, C/C++, PHP, Python, Flask, Node JS, and SQL technologies.
- Have experience in Web Service development/building RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of web service security concepts.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think of all possible scenarios and the ‘big picture’ when implementing features.
- Experience in Authentication Protocols.
- Ability to estimate effort for functional areas being worked on and deliver work on schedule.
- Communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate with written and verbal communication.
- Good understanding of communication practices.
- Ability to communicate with empathy.
- Ability to negotiate with internal customers and stakeholders to achieve a win-win solution.
- Leadership skills
- Capacity to provide timely and constructive feedback to interns, peers, and seniors.
- Ability to operate independently with self-motivation.
- Ability to lead a small team in technical matters and provide direct feedback to team members.