Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Software Engineer - Integration
The WSO2 Integration team is looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to expand their career in a fast-paced environment. You will be working in a team that develops middleware to enable enterprises to integrate heterogeneous and hybrid enterprise systems. Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery, and excellent software engineering skills are mandatory. The ideal candidate must be able to deliver creative and high-quality work with a strong focus on the customer. You must also have the competency to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, etc.
- Ability to think of all possible scenarios and the ‘big picture’ when implementing the functionality.
- Ability to accurately estimate effort on functional areas and deliver the tasks on time.
- Ability to go through specifications, understand them, and incorporate them into product features.
- Proactively own the functional areas of the product you work on. Own all other aspects of the product including:
- Marketing (blogs, social media, and support marketing campaigns)
- Pre-sales (product demos)
- Sales (anticipate future customer requirement and account expansion insights)
- Community engagement (answer questions on Stack Overflow)
- Delivery and support (monitor and help with support issues, patches, etc).
- Research on functional and technical improvements. Bring in new ideas on how to improve the product and overall technical designs.
- Keep customers informed in a timely manner. Practice communication with empathy and be proactive in communicating.
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulate in both written and verbal communications. Ability to conduct product demos, training, and presentations.
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person.
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field.
- Strong development skills and proficiency in at least one programming language. Having experience in Java, C# or C/C++ will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in protocols and technology domains such as HTTP, TCP/IP, Web Socket, gRPC, FTP, and AMQP will be an added advantage.
- Excellent technical design skills.
- Distributed computing knowledge will be an advantage.
- The passion to learn and excel in the software engineering landscape.
- Knowledge in project estimation techniques, design patterns, and performance engineering.