Careers - Brazil
Senior Software Engineer LATAM - Support Team
Do you feel passionate about helping someone? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you help someone solve their problems?
Are you curious, can sense what others need, and can read between the lines?
Are you able to deep dive into a problem and never give up until it’s completely solved?
Do you strive for perfection? Are you optimistic? Do you see the full half?
Do you have that emotional intelligence that can withstand the toughest environments? Or would you at least want to try?
Do you strive to develop your communication each day and reach a level of inspiration?
Do you believe you can be a great leader someday and earn that?
Then this job is for you! WSO2 Support Team is looking for engineers to support their customers.
- Opportunities to enhance your soft skills with direct customer facing experiences:
- Both written and verbal communication
- Build an innate sense of empathy
- Learn and develop negotiation skills
- Exercise and improve emotional intelligence
- Develop your technical skills with the use of enterprise middleware products in real world customer scenarios. Learn the practical use cases for a wide array of technologies including integration, security and access management, API management, and analytics.
- Enhance your analytical, design, and development skills working with solution architecture design and production deployment patterns and practices used by enterprises.
- Learn the art of problem analysis, root cause analysis, debugging, fault finding, and resolution design skills.
- Learn how to use state of the art software analysis and debugging tools such as VisualVM, Java Flight Recorder, JProfiler, JMeter, SoapUI, Postman, thread dump analysis tools, memory dump analysis tools, and TCP dump tools.
- Learn and develop systems setup and management skills, system securing and production hardening practices and associated skills, DevOps skills, automation skills, and cloud computing related skills.
- BSc in Computer Science/ Engineering and minimum of 2 years industry experience.
- Fluent Portuguese, English, and Spanish communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong development skills in Java language or C/C++ languages.
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise technologies are an added advantage (e.g. Web services, XML, JSON, SSO, OAuth, API Management).
- Prior work experience in a similar capacity would be an added benefit, but not a prerequisite.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and be able to work with a global team.
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution, individually, as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Ability to take ownership of a set of customers be their champion within WSO2 to ensure customer success.
- Possess an amicable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer base.