Careers - Sri Lanka
Quality Assurance Team
Senior Software Engineer - Quality Assurance
Are you someone with an analytical mind, willing to explore the unknown and always curious about what's happening in the industry? Are you passionate to learn and excel in the technical software testing space and have experience with testing tools like soapUI and JMeter? Do you have 3+ years of work experience in software quality assurance testing? If yes, you are the ideal candidate for this position. Knowledge in SOA testing and Java programming skills would be an added advantage.
Join our QA team and help us to ensure we deliver products of the highest quality.
- Take the ownership of deriving test plans for products and executing them.
- Automate test scenarios as much as possible with the help of testing tools and scripts.
- Building solutions by using WSO2 products to discover any problems in the products.
- Provide customer support services when necessary.
- Ability to travel overseas for customer onsite engagements.
- Ability to identify user stories for the product and document them accordingly following the process.
- Proactively own the functional areas of the product you work on and own all other aspects of the product including:
- Marketing (blogs, social media, helping out with marketing campaigns),
- Pre-sales (product demos),
- Sales (anticipating future customer requirement and account expansion insights),
- Community engagement (answering questions on stack overflow),
- Delivery and support (monitor and help out with support issues, patches, etc.).
- Research on functional and technical improvements.
- Bring in new ideas on how to improve product and overall technical designs.
- The ability to give technical leadership to a small team, delegate and follow-up on work assigned, and mentor junior members in engineering best practices and processes.
- Keep customers informed in a timely manner, practice communication with empathy, and be proactive in communicating.
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulate in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to conduct product demos, trainings, and presentations.
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person.
- Be an advocate for communication practices in open source development and successfully practice it.
- Engage with the extended teams such as documentation, pre-sales, marketing, and sales on product and customer related activities.
- BSc Degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of work experience in software quality assurance testing.
- Passion to learn and excel on software quality technical space.
- Java Programming skills, knowledge on Shell, and other scripting languages will be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of SOA testing and experience on SoapUI, Jmeter, JIRA, Testlink, and Linux distributions will be an added advantage.
- Applicants should be willing to learn SOA, EDA, Enterprise Middleware and Cloud Computing, whilst actively participating in the entire process from design to implementation.