The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team at WSO2 is responsible for the availability and reliability of Cloud services provided by WSO2, thereby ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience for our users. WSO2 is designing and developing an exciting set of Cloud offerings. Engineers from the SRE team work closely with the business leadership and product engineering teams to realize the cloud-native vision at WSO2.
- Implement cloud native software development and deployment techniques that you have a thorough understanding of.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of cloud infrastructure providers such as Azure, AWS, and GCP, as well as how to leverage their services.
- Guide various product development teams in adopting proper cloud native services in their software development tasks and deliverables.
- Proactively research and implement automation to check if proper cloud practices are being followed and generate reports.
- Proactively create and improve deployment automation scripts and tools to continuously improve the cloud infrastructure provisioning process.
- Bring in expert knowledge to implement and improve CI/CD pipelines to automate the process of deploying code to the cloud in an efficient manner.
- Proactively research new tools and technologies to improve SRE practices and integrate those across the organization.
- Proactively identify tasks that can be automated and create scripts/tools to automate those tasks.
- Review runbooks for various deployment/automation tasks regularly and ensure that those are up to date and ready to use.
- Identify improvements to existing SRE practices, discuss those within the team and implement required improvements.
- Proactively identify pain points in current processes, tools, and systems and come up with better solutions.
- Build software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications.
- Provide leadership to a small team and get a set of tasks delivered promptly.
- Ability to dissect a high-level task into manageable sub-tasks, delegate them to the team and follow up on those tasks.
- Mentoring junior engineers on SRE best practices and processes, give them regular feedback and review their work.
- Ability to communicate within the team as well as outside them, raise concerns proactively, and get them resolved.
- Lead technical discussion within the SRE team and cloud development teams.
- Take charge of problem-solving and cloud incident management tasks.
- Participate in post-incident reviews, document findings, and write RCA reports.
- Research and execute proactive techniques to prevent incidents and issues in cloud implementations.
Skills and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and explore new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working with public cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP) and cloud native technologies like Containerization, Docker, and Kubernetes will be advantageous.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.