Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Software Engineer - Support Team
Do you feel passionate about helping someone? Do you feel accomplished when that person succeeds?
Are you curious, can you sense what others need, and can you read between the lines?
Are you able to deep dive into a problem and never give up until it’s completely solved?
Do you strive for perfection? Are you optimistic? Do you see the full half?
Do you have that emotional intelligence that can withstand the toughest environments? Or would you at least want to try?
Do you have the urge to be smart and take control of situations?
Do you strive to develop your communication each day and reach a level of inspiration?
Do you believe you can be a great leader someday and earn that?
Then this job is for you! WSO2 Support Team is looking for engineers to support their customers.
- Opportunity to enhance your soft skills with direct customer facing experiences
- Both written and verbal communication
- Build an innate sense of empathy
- Learn and develop negotiation skills
- Exercise and improve emotional intelligence
- Develop your technical skills with the use of enterprise middleware products in real-world customer scenarios. Learn the practical use cases for a wide array of technologies including integration, identity and access management, API management and analytics
- Enhance your analytical, design and development skills working with solution architecture design and production deployment patterns and practices used by enterprises
- Learn the art of problem analysis, root cause analysis, debugging, fault finding and resolution design skills
- Learn how to use state of the art software analysis and debugging tools such as VisualVM, Java Flight Recorder, JProfiler, JMeter, SoapUI, Postman, thread dump analysis tools, memory dump analysis tools and TCP dump tools
- Learn and develop systems setup and management skills, system securing and production hardening practices and associated skills, DevOps skills, automation skills and cloud computing related skills
- BSc in Computer Science/ Engineering; prior industry experience. Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong development skill in Java language or C/C++ languages
- Experience in and knowledge of enterprise technologies are an added advantage. E.g. Web services, XML, JSON, SSO, OAuth, API management
- Experience and knowledge on Distributed Systems are an added advantage
- Prior work experience in a similar capacity would be an added benefit, but not a prerequisite
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and willingness to explore the unknown
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and be able to work with a global team
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution, individually, as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team
- Ability to take ownership of a set of customers and be their champion within WSO2 to ensure customer success
- Possess an amicable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer base
- Bring in new ideas on how to improve product and overall technical designs
- The ability to give technical leadership to a small team, delegate, and follow-up on work assigned
- Mentor junior members in the support team on best practices and processes
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person
- Engage with extended teams such as engineering, pre-sales, marketing, and sales on product and customer related activities
- Take self-initiatives and deliver successful results through careful execution