Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, a consistent track record of delivery, and excellent software engineering skills are mandatory. Creativity bundled with high quality and customer focus are very important, the ideal candidate must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities.
Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions are prerequisites for this position. Sounds interesting? Then get in touch with us.
- The ideal candidate should have working competency in technology domains, Programming Languages, and OOAD
- Ability to design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, etc.
- Think of all possible scenarios and the ‘big picture’ when implementing some functionality, ability to estimate effort on functional areas worked on, and on-time delivery.
- Ability to identify user stories for the product and document them accordingly
- Follow the WSO2 development process end-to-end when developing components / features for products i.e. coding best practices, patterns, unit testing, automated testing, documentation, etc
- Proactively own the functional areas of the product you work on and own all other aspects of the product including:
- Marketing (blogs, social media, helping out with marketing campaigns)
- Pre-sales (product demos)
- Sales (anticipating future customer requirement and account expansion insights)
- Community engagement (answering questions on stack overflow)
- Delivery and support (monitor and help out with support issues, patches, etc.)
- Research on functional and technical improvements
- Bring in new ideas on how to improve product and overall technical designs.
- The ability to give technical leadership to a small team, delegate, and follow-up on work assigned
- Mentor junior members in engineering best practices and processes
- Keep customers informed in a timely manner, practice communication with empathy, and be proactive in communicating
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulate both in both written and verbal communication
- Ability to conduct product demos, trainings, and presentations
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person
- Be an advocate for communication practices in open source development and successfully practice it
- Engage with extended teams such as documentation, pre-sales, marketing, and sales on product and customer related activities
- BSc in Computer Science with Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Strong development skills and proficiency in at least one programming language
- Having experience in Java, C# or C/C++ will be an added advantage
- Excellent technical design skills
- Distributed computing skills will be an advantage
- The passion to learn and excel in the software engineering landscape
- Knowledge in project estimation techniques, design patterns, and performance engineering