Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Solutions Engineer - IAM Team
The WSO2 Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is more than just another team delivering IAM software. We deliver IAM software that revolutionizes the world's top enterprises and empower them. WSO2's open source, open standards, and open business philosophy have placed us at the leading edge of the wave of most trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
Our engineers in the Solutions Architecture are among the most capable, curious, and adventurous. We have some of the best minds in the industry, our team members have gained individual as well as collective recognition as those who deliver industry-leading open source IAM technology. They have a passion for our leading technology and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
The IAM Solutions Architecture team provides prospects and customers the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need in order to use WSO2 Identity Server. To excel in this role, IAM solutions architects work towards graduating from being simply a technical sales engineer to becoming a legitimate trusted advisor for prospects and customers.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- Opportunities to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges
- Opportunities for advancement towards solution architecture, expert consulting or professional services, or product/solution development
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- Health insurance for you and your family
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Engineers today and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Team up with Account Managers to provide prospects and customers with the technical information they need to evaluate and select WSO2 technologies.
- Develop and present product demonstrations and answer technical questions about the capabilities and features of WSO2 products.
- Develop and document technical samples, proofs of concept, and prototype using WSO2 and non-WSO2 technologies.
- Solutions Engineers are expected to be the customers’ primary technical point of contact for any queries, discussions or escalations that are technical in nature.
- Solutions Engineers will be the primary interface between customers and the product engineering teams, in order to add or prioritize new features/improvements to the product roadmap.
- Feedback to product engineering by documenting user stories for new features, obtained as customer requests or derived from customer interactions.
- Contribute to the activities related to process/governance improvements and efficiency improvements and of the IAM Solutions Architecture Team.
- Present at workshops, webinars, and meetups.
- Start building your brand as a technology evangelist by producing blogs, articles, and screencasts.
- Active involvement in open source communities.
- Broaden and consolidate your knowledge of modern software architecture, methodologies, and delivery approaches such as microservice architecture, agile delivery, dev-ops, etc., and apply to customer engagements.
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of working experience in technical sales or equivalent role or reasonable customer facing experience.
- At least 2 years of solid experience in software development and software design principles.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Working experience with IAM technologies is a bonus.
- This position is very hands-on with the technology and candidates are expected to be able to develop samples and POCs in a programming language they are comfortable in.
- Development experience in Java will be useful but not required.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities; confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience including developers and architects.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have the ability to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with other functions of the company.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Ability to travel on short notice for short term assignments.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.