WSO2 is a fast-growing technology company creating innovative middleware products. A global corporation with offices in the US, UK, Germany, Australia, Brazil, and Sri Lanka, WSO2 provides world-class services around its cutting-edge middleware platform.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work with the team in supporting WSO2 Developer Operations. This includes managing setting up WSO2 solutions for customers, implementing tools to automate operations work, and supporting Continuous Delivery efforts. As this is a varied and complex role, we expect a high interest in learning and implementing new technologies.
- Setup and maintain enterprise deployments of WSO2 solutions for customers
- Analyzing logs and identifying potential issues in the deployments
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments
- Performing and automating backups and routine audits
- Applying system updates, patches, and configuration changes and automating them
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system
- Troubleshooting any reported problems
- System performance tuning
- Ensuring fault tolerance of the deployments
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience
- Ability to speak Portuguese, Spanish, and English
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Open Source software
- Comprehensive understanding of "Unix-like" Systems
- Sound scripting and language skills with perl/python/ruby are a must
- The ability to be able to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Assist the team leaders with technical and administrative tasks
- Work unsupervised on several activities concurrently, taking ownership, and prioritizing accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Having experience on the following will be an added advantage:
- Knowledge and experience in Virtualization/Cloud technologies
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Experience with performance management, monitoring, and problem identification and resolution
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.