Careers - Sri Lanka
Senior Training Program Officer
The Training team at WSO2 is responsible for the creation and delivery of effective and engaging content that enable our customers, partners, and employees to become self-sufficient with our enterprise software products. We are seeking a professional with experience in technical writing and/or training courseware development. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills with engaging in-person and online presence and is comfortable working with a highly technical audience. In this role, the training program officer will lead the courseware development efforts, directly participate in the creation of our training products and deliverables, manage and maintain the training website and Learning Management System (LMS), and provide support for instructor-led training.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a full-time courseware developer or technical writer for large, complex software applications.
- Ability to maintain a holistic vision for training objectives while diving into the details of actual content creation and delivery.
- Proven track record of consolidating multiple sources such as the source code, blog posts and interviewing engineers in person or remotely, and distilling the information into useful content that is relevant to users and focuses on how to solve problems, not just how the software works.
- High commitment to quality and continual improvement of standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to manage shifting deadlines and make informed decisions related to trade-offs and adjustments.
- Highly motivated and ability to independently manage task lists and multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional demeanor, excellent customer-facing skills, and advisory capabilities are a must.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (or equivalent).
- Experience with a LMS such as Moodle is a plus.
- Proficiency at creating videos, graphics, and animations with tools like Camtasia.
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Captivate, and/or Flash will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of middleware, SOA, XML, Web services, and open source concepts and databases are a big plus.
- Thorough knowledge of best practices and methodologies related to creating courseware and training pedagogy.
- Excellent copy-editing skills and the ability to convey technical subject matter clearly and concisely in American English.
- Ability to plan, estimate, and shift priorities on-the-fly in an agile development environment.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Lead the creation and refinement of training course content and deliverables, including various media to support learning (e.g., visual aids for classroom training, multimedia for e-learning and online training, documentation) and plan out training material updates with Technical Writers.
- Collaborate and consult with SMEs to validate training objectives and ensure content is accurate.
- Create and enforce content standards and best practices across all education materials and deliverables.
- Manage self-learning platform - add courses, structure courses according to MOOC requirement, create assessment questions etc.
- Review and test all training material in different platforms and check for inconsistencies and work on updates with writers.
- Support training instructors for upcoming engagements.
- Quickly master new products, features, and tools as they are rolled out by the organization.
- Work closely with the documentation team to feed information from the field back into the product documentation.
- Gather feedback on training material from internal and external parties and make updates to ensure quality.
- Compare training material with certification questions and improve material based on gaps.
- Complete trainees’ feedback forms after instructor-led training. Review and analyze responses.
- Work with Account Managers on training requests and provide customized agendas whenever necessary.