Careers - Sri Lanka
Software Architect - WSO2 Open Banking
You will be responsible for driving the design effort and will take both our existing and new solutions further ahead. Focusing on providing enhanced customer experiences, the ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering a clean and robust architecture. You will leverage excellent design and thinking skills and a track record of providing innovative responses to complex architectural problems based on a foundation of sound solutions architecture principles. This role represents an opportunity to be at the frontlines of a booming business and technology ecosystem—collaborating with ambitious fintech startups, challenger neo banks, established majors, community-owned banks, regulators, and consumers —and usher the financial services industry to a future of exciting change.
You will help to establish WSO2 Open Banking as a clearly differentiated global solution of choice for financial institutions exploring the use of open APIs to meet regulatory compliance and to future-proof their tech stacks. Beyond open banking, you will work closely across functions, with our R&D, sales, marketing, and customer success teams, and the wider financial services ecosystem to craft a growing portfolio of market-leading solutions in new financial services technology verticals.
- Provide a robust and innovative architectural vision for our solutions.
- Design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, and customer experience.
- Proactively engage with all teams, including R&D, pre-sales, marketing, sales, and customer success on product- and customer-related activities to drive product-market fit, competitive differentiation, and innovation.
- Provide technical leadership to the team; delegate and follow-up on work assigned.
- Lead, guide, and manage technical teams, especially senior team members.
- Lead architecture reviews, code reviews, and other product-related meetings.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with R&D and non-R&D team members to consider the ‘big picture’ when implementing functionalities.
- Estimate effort and on-time delivery of functionalities and contribute from an early stage to estimate the potential ROI of new initiatives.
- Research functional and technical improvements to existing and planned releases.
- Communicate clearly and effectively; articulate in both written and verbal communication.
- Travel to participate in on-site customer engagements as required.
- Participate actively in the financial services ecosystem, which will include online and community events as an ambassador of the company, establishing our expertise in the domain.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong working competency in technology domains, programming languages, and software architecture.
- 8+ years experience in the software industry.
- 2+ years in roles making important architecture and design decisions, such as application of design patterns, data domain modeling, and design using componentized architecture.
- Highly proficient in software architecture design of middleware platforms.
- Highly proficient in Java, OpenID, FAPI, SSO, LDAP, AD, OAuth2, SAML, JWT, React, REST, SOAP, and microservices.
- Ability to read financial specifications to understand technical requirements and opportunities for competitive differentiation and innovation.
- Strong advocate of technology methodologies including agile, continuous integration/continuous development, and automation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Good time management skills and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in the financial industry will be a plus.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.