Careers - Sri Lanka
Software Engineer - Ballerina Team / Compiler
The Ballerina team at WSO2 is looking for exceptional engineers who are either familiar with compiler technologies or willing to learn them to help improve the Ballerina compiler and runtime infrastructure. This is an opportunity to actively contribute to Ballerina - a statically typed, compiled programming language designed for network distributed application development. As a member of the Ballerina team, you will have a unique rewarding opportunity to build innovative technologies that inspire developers to produce state-of-the-art software.
- BSc/MS in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid skills and experiences in one or two programming languages
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Desire to learn, explore, and drive solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work with a culture of learning, prototyping, and experimentation
You will be part of a small team of talented compiler engineers in Sri Lanka and Ballerina language designers building the most amazing software that enables developers to craft modern applications written in Ballerina. You will work on either building or extending Ballerina compiler front-end and mid-level phases or code generation and optimization for JVM and native platforms(using LLVM). This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to open source as well as build your own brand by publishing your work as research papers, articles, and personal blogs.
- Prior industry experience of 1-2 years will be a plus
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java, or Rust
- Experience in compiler front-end, mid-level analysis, and optimizations
- Experience in working with LLVM-family compiler technology
Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply even if you are missing some of the qualifications. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion, curiosity, and collaborative spirit to work with us.