Careers - Sri Lanka
Software Engineer - Ballerina Team / Developer Tools
Ballerina is a statically typed, compiled programming language designed for network distributed application development. The Ballerina team at WSO2 is working on expanding features of Ballerina and looking for passionate engineers who would like to be a part of an exciting Journey. As a member of our team, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to build innovative technologies that inspire developers to produce state-of-the-art software.
By joining the Ballerina team you would get the opportunity to work on Ballerina developer tools which vary from IDE Plugins, Kubernetes and Docker Support, Language tools such as linters, formatters, and IntelliSense support, Ballerina Central, and other developer utilities. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to open source as well as build your own brand by publishing your work as research papers, articles, and personal blogs.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid skills and experiences in one or two programming languages
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Desire to learn, explore, and drive solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work with a culture of learning, prototyping, and experimentation
- Prior industry experience of 1-2 years will be a plus
- Experience in high-performance application development
- Experience in UI development with React or other JS frameworks
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker
Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply even if you are missing some of the qualifications. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion, curiosity, and collaborative spirit to work with us.