Careers - Sri Lanka
Software Engineer - Ballerina Team / Standard Library
Ballerina is a statically typed, compiled programming language designed for network distributed application development. The Ballerina team at WSO2 is working on expanding features of Ballerina and looking for passionate engineers who would like to be a part of an exciting journey. A journey set out to be the best programming language in the world for network distributed application development.
By joining the Ballerina team you would be expected to work on Ballerina Standard Library which varies from modules such as file I/O, security, math, task to modules such as socket, HTTP transport, gRPC transport, etc. Therefore, as a member of our team, you will be continuously challenged with interesting technical matters and surrounded by a set of highly talented engineers.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid skills and experiences in one or two programming languages
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Desire to learn, explore, and drive solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work with a culture of learning, prototyping, and experimentation
- Prior industry experience of 1-2 years will be a plus
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java, or Rust
- Experience in high-performance application development, network programming
- Experience in working with LLVM-family compiler technology
Motivated candidates are encouraged to apply even if you are missing some of the qualifications. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the passion, curiosity, and collaborative spirit to work with us.