Are you ready to kick start a challenging and rewarding career as a Software Engineer enabling hundreds of customers around the globe to keep their integral systems up to date and secure? Then, join our dynamic and innovative WSO2 Updates team
The WSO2 Updates System (U2) was developed ground-up to create and deliver updates (bug fixes, security fixes, improvements) to the WSO2 product users conveniently and efficiently. U2 empowers WSO2 engineers to implement fixes seamlessly, and distribute fixes to the applicable WSO2 products effortlessly. Most importantly, the U2 is the most significant internal automation project that WSO2 has ever carried out.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and development
- Design and implement solutions that are compliant with system design principles and overall architecture.
- Identify and document user stories for the identified features.
- Follow the WSO2 development process from start to finish when developing applications/features, including coding best practices, patterns, and application performance optimizations.
- Proactively own all other aspects of the features, including delivery, support & maintenance.
- Research on functional and technical improvements of the features.
- Contribute to technical and non-technical discussions through email and active participation in meetings.
- Know the future direction of the application domain in question, and build competence around it ahead of time.
- Know the breadth of the solutions/applications of the team to the level of an advanced user and be able to design features/improvements for them.
- Customer-centric functions (Internal customers)
- Conduct product demos, training, and presentations.
- Monitor and assist with customer support issues, fixes, etc.
- Keep customers informed about tasks and their progress regularly.
- Teamwork and leadership
- Be an active team member and perform any ad hoc activities required for the team's success, particularly during product launches or customer support incidents.
- Develop strong professional relationships both within the team and with other stakeholder groups. Deal with conflicts professionally and strive for resolution.
- Communicate issues and risks ahead of time, and make best effort to keep deadlines and deliverables on track.
Educational qualifications and work experience
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering (applicants without prior experience will be considered) or
- quivalent degree with a minimum of 1- 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Eagerness and passion for leading-edge technology.
- Strong development skills and proficiency in Java and Go programming languages.
- Experience in Web Service development/building RESTful APIs and microservices.
- Experience in React.
- Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, Shell Scripting, SQL, and UI/UX will be an added advantage.
- Ability to estimate effort for functional areas being worked on and deliver work on schedule.
- Ability to clearly articulate with written and verbal communication.
- Good understanding of communication practices.
- Ability to work independently with motivation and exercise mature judgment.
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock- in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 900 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.