WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open-source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The primary purpose of this position is to join the ‘Automation' team and take full responsibility for integrating applications, features, and security in accordance with the company's internal requirements. The majority of work will be spent researching the application domain, building solutions to digitize internal processes, integrating multiple applications utilizing APIs, and learning about existing tools and development best practices.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and development
- Understand the complete scope of the application domain and how they fit together in the context of the organizational process and domain for particular applications or a set of features.
- Design and implement solutions that are compliant with overall architecture and system design principles, such as performance, security, scalability, and code quality.
- Identify and document user stories for the identified features.
- Follow the WSO2 development process from start to finish when developing applications/features, including coding best practices, patterns, and application performance.
Proactively own all other aspects of the features, including
- Community engagement
- Delivery, support & maintenance
- Research on functional and technical improvements of the features.
- Contribute to technical and non-technical discussions through email and in meetings.
- Know the future direction of the application domain in question, and build competence around it ahead of time.
- Know the breadth of the solutions/applications of the team to the level of an advanced user and to be able to design features/improvements for them.
- Customer centric functions (Internal customers)
- Conduct product demos, training, and presentations.
- Monitor and assist with customer support issues, fixes etc.
- Keep customers informed about tasks and progress on a regular basis.
- Teamwork and leadership
- Be an active team member and perform any ad hoc activities required for the team's success, particularly during product launches or customer support incidents.
- Develop strong professional relationships both within the team and with other stakeholder groups. Deal with conflict in a professional manner and strive for resolution.
- Communicate issues and risks ahead of time, and make every effort to keep deadlines and deliverables on track.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educational qualifications and work experience
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering (applicants without prior experience will be considered)
- Equivalent degree with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant industry experience
- Technical skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Eagerness and ability to learn about new technologies.
- Strong development skills and proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience in Java, C/C++, PHP, Python, Flask, Node JS and Ballerina will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Web Service development/building RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) will be advantageous.
- Ability to estimate effort for functional areas being worked on and deliver work on schedule.
- Communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate with written and verbal communication
- Good understanding of communication practices
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with motivation