Careers - Sri Lanka
Software Engineer - Integration
The WSO2 Integration team is looking for engineers to design, develop, and maintain the integration middleware technology suite which includes Enterprise Service Bus, data integrations, workflow technologies, and microservices-based integrations.
- Opportunity to enhance your software design, development and maintenance skills with direct customer-facing experiences:
- Design software applications that are used by hundreds of enterprises around the world.
- Learn and work with the latest technologies including cloud-native technologies.
- Learn new languages and new methodologies in application development.
- Develop your technical skills with the use of enterprise middleware products in real-world customer scenarios.
- Since wso2 middleware products are open source, you can claim the work you do and build a reputation in the open-source world.
- Freedom to write blog posts and articles; engage in promotional activities such as conducting technology webinars and participate in technical conferences.
- Use standard deployment practices and technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes and learn to do continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Opportunities to travel for customer visits.
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputed university.
- Strong software design, programming, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise technologies (such as Web services, APIs, XML, JSON, SSO, JMS) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in distributed computing is an added advantage.
- Prior work experience in a similar capacity would be an added benefit, but not a prerequisite.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and be able to work with a team.
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to a resolution individually as well as work effectively through a smart team.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Bring in new ideas on how to improve the product and overall technical designs.
- Ability to successfully contribute to technical and non-technical discussions on email and in-person.
- Engage with extended teams such as support, pre-sales, marketing, and sales on the support and sales activities of integration products.
- Be a self-starter and deliver successful results through careful execution.