Careers - Brazil
At WSO2, we're more than just an organization writing the same old boring software in the same old proprietary way. Yes, we create software that powers the world's top enterprises. But we're also a community of open source developers that have gained individual and collective recognition by pursuing our passion for revolutionizing enterprise technology. NOW is the most exciting time ever to be realizing opportunities for enterprise IT - cloud, mobile, big data, social, continuous development, and delivery - and WSO2’s open-source, open-standards, open-business philosophy keeps us right on the leading edge of that wave. We are seeking the most capable, curious and adventurous talent, those who have a passion for open source software and leading edge technologies, and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
The Solutions Architect position provides high-level consultation with prospects and customers looking for solutions to a broad class of enterprise application problems which can be addressed with the WSO2 platform. On a day-to-day basis it involves calls and web conferences with customer architecture leadership, design discussions and demonstrations, on-site visits and short-term (one week max) consulting engagements, presenting at workshops and seminars, and working with product and sales teams to find optimal technical solutions.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 8 to 10 years of solid industry experience (at least 3 years at architect level) , and the scars to prove it!.
- Experience in business, system architecture principles, architecture patterns, processes, and frameworks.
- Experience in working in direct client engagements and in project/cost estimation techniques.
- Exceptional client management and communication skills, ability to guide, train, and negotiate technical decisions.
- Ability to travel on short notice for short term assignments.
In addition, you should:
- Willing to learn SOA, EDA, enterprise middleware and cloud computing, while actively participating in the entire process, from design to implementation.
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Native apps, Microservices, Containers, Integration, Identity aspects, and DevOps would be a plus.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Be prepared to travel to WSO2’s main engineering hub is in Colombo, capital of the “resplendent isle” of Sri Lanka. We expect most candidates would visit and collaborate onsite with this team for at least an initial training period.
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Possess an amicable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Have the ability (e.g. passport) to travel overseas.
- Will be based from São Paulo Office in Brazil.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.