Careers - Australia
Solutions Architect - IAM Security
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Our Solution Architects provide high-level consultations to prospects and customers who seek solutions for enterprise application and security problems—which can be addressed with WSO2’s platform.
The role involves calls and web conferences with customer architecture leadership, design discussions and demonstrations, on-site visits and short-term consulting engagements, presenting at workshops and seminars, and working with product and sales teams in the customer identity and access management (CIAM) space to find optimal technical solutions to achieve customer goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- 8 to 10 years of solid industry experience, with at least 5 years of experience based in Australia in a relevant or similar technology capacity.
- At least 3 years’ experience at the architect level.
- Experience in business, system architecture principles, architecture patterns, processes, and frameworks.
- Previous experience as a pre-sales SE in security and IAM software solutions.
- Exceptional client management and communication skills; ability to guide, train, and negotiate technical decisions.
- Ability to travel on short notice for short-term assignments.
- Willing to learn MSA, SOA, EDA, enterprise middleware, identity and access management and cloud computing, while actively participating in the entire process, from design to implementation.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Have the ability to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Have the ability to travel locally across Australia and overseas.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- Australian superannuation as per national standards.