In the Solutions Architecture (SA) Team, our Engineers and Architects are capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of one team, we feature some of the best minds in the industry. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition, as those who deliver industry-leading open-source technology. We are looking for a Solutions Architect who will add value to our business.
Our Solutions Architects are trusted advisors for WSO2’s prospects and customers. They help drive the evaluation and technology selection during the sales cycle, provide the right solution based on the business architecture, and continue to engage with enterprise customers providing technical ownership and architectural guidance throughout the project life cycle.
- Serve as a trusted Technical Adviser to WSO2 prospects and customers.
- Demonstrate technical expertise on WSO2 products, solutions, and general technology.
- Knowledgeable in the evolving technology landscape and understands how and where WSO2 fits in.
- Work with Account Managers and Account teams on account planning, strategy, expansions, and new sales opportunities.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of architecture, design, and inner workings of WSO2 products and solutions.
- Engage with customer architecture leadership via architecture and design discussions, demonstrations, on-site visits, short-term consulting engagements, and presenting at workshops and seminars.
- Work closely with account teams on current strategy, current status, and future expansions.
- Work closely with account teams and client teams on account health, course correction, and technical coordination.
- Identify selling opportunities and participate in the sales process as required.
- Contribute client and market feedback to product teams and company strategy; be the voice of the customer.
- Contribute towards the overall team leadership, operational model, and governance.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
Experience: (Multiple roles available at different levels)
- 2+ (10+ for senior roles) years industry experience.
- 1+ (3+ for senior roles) years experience at architect level.
- At least 2 years experience in a technical/engineering/development capacity with hands-on development experience
Technical Requirements and Knowledge:
- Key technical, design, and architecture skill-set with the ability to architect or design pragmatic solutions.
- Experience in business, system architecture principles, architecture patterns, processes, and frameworks.
- Experience in technical selling/pre-sales/solution consultancy.
- Exceptional client management skills, ability to guide, train, and negotiate technical decisions.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities - the ability to present to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including business leaders, developers and architects.
- Ability to deliver and present demonstrations and POCs to a diverse audience.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have the ability to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually, as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Demonstrate technical leadership skills, and mentoring skills to help develop junior members in the Solutions Architecture team.
- This is a customer facing role that requires travelling internationally to customer locations as restrictions allow, up to around 25% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open-source, API-first and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly compose digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open-source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. WSO2 has over 800 employees worldwide with offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, India, Sri Lanka, the UAE, the UK, and the US. Today, hundreds of leading brands across the globe and thousands of projects execute more than 18 trillion transactions annually using WSO2’s technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.