Location: Remotely, US
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
The WSO2 Solutions Architecture Team is more than just another organization delivering middleware. We deliver API and Integration software solutions that revolutionize the way the world's top enterprises use APIs and integration to empower them. WSO2's open-source, open-standards, and open-business philosophy, keep us right on the leading edge of trending topics in enterprise IT including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
In the Solutions Architecture (SA) Team, our engineers and Architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. As individuals working as part of ONE TEAM, we feature some of the best minds in the industry. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition, as those who deliver industry-leading open-source technology. They have a passion for leading-edge technology and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
As the Solutions Architecture team, we provide prospects and customers the technical information, guidance, and assurance they need in order to use WSO2 products.
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Architects today and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
Our Solutions Architect/Solutions Engineer are Trusted Advisors for WSO2’s prospects and customers. They help drive the evaluation and technology selection during the sales cycle, provide the right solution based on the business architecture, and continue to engage with enterprise customers providing technical ownership and architectural guidance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrate technical expertise on WSO2 products, solutions, and general technology
- Knowledgeable on the ever fast-moving, evolving technology landscape and understand how and where WSO2 fits in
- Support the account teams in closing new opportunities and supporting/expanding existing customers
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of architecture, design, and inner workings of WSO2 products and solutions
- Develop and present product demonstrations and answer technical questions about the capabilities and features of WSO2 products
- Develop and document technical samples, proof of concepts, and prototypes using WSO2 and non-WSO2 technologies
- Contribute client and market feedback to product teams and company strategy, be the voice of the customer
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in application software development
Technical Requirements and Knowledge
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Development experience with API Gateways, middleware a bonus
- Experience with solutions engineering for customers
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities; confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience including developers and architects
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown
- Have the ability to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team
- Possess an amiable personality, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base
- Ability (e.g Passport) to travel on short notice for short term assignments
- This is a customer-facing role that requires travel to customer locations up to around 30% of the time, based on the needs of the business
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- Opportunities to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- Health insurance for you and your family