Careers - Sri Lanka
At WSO2, we're more than just an organization writing the same old boring software in the same old proprietary way. Yes, we create software that powers the world's top enterprises. But we're also a community of open source developers that have gained individual and collective recognition by pursuing our passion for revolutionizing enterprise technology. NOW is the most exciting time ever to be realizing opportunities for enterprise IT - cloud, mobile, big data, social, continuous development and delivery - and WSO2’s open-source open-standards open-business philosophy keeps us right on the leading edge of that wave. We are seeking the most capable, curious and adventurous talent, those who have a passion for open source software and leading edge technologies and want to be a part of an up-and-coming global brand.
The Solutions Engineer position teams up with Account Managers to provide prospects and customers with the technical information they need to evaluate and select the WSO2 platform. Solutions Engineers develop and present product demonstrations, answer technical questions about the capabilities and features of WSO2 products, and develop and document proofs of concept and prototypes using the WSO2 platform. This position is very hands-on with the technology, and provides a primary interface between customers and the product teams.
This position offers the candidate an opportunity to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges, and opportunities for advancement towards solution architecture, expert consulting or professional services, or product/solution development.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years experience in application software development
- Willing to learn SOA, EDA, enterprise middleware and cloud computing, while actively participating in the entire process, from design to implementation
- Excellent customer interaction and communication skills
- Ability to travel on short notice for short term assignments
In addition, you should:
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Be able to take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Possess an amicable personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Have the ability (e.g. passport) to travel overseas.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, WSO2 offers:
- a work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility
- a sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs
- health insurance for you and your family