WSO2’s Solutions Architecture Team is more than just another team delivering middleware. We deliver API and integration software solutions that revolutionize the way the world's top enterprises use these technologies. Our open-source, open-standards, and open-business philosophy keeps us right on the leading edge of trending topics in enterprise IT—including cloud, mobile, social, and DevOps.
Our solution engineers and architects are the most capable, curious, and adventurous. We feature some of the best minds in the industry with a passion for leading-edge technology. They have gained individual as well as collective recognition as those who deliver industry-leading, open-source technology.
WSO2’s Solutions Architects provide prospects and customers with technical information, guidance, and the assurance they need to use our products.
As part of the Pre-Sales Team, the Solutions Engineer position is a highly hands-on technical role. You will work closely with Account Managers and Account Technical Owners to provide prospects with product- and solution-level technical information, which will showcase WSO2’s platform capabilities. The role will involve deep, technical hands-on work to design and develop innovative solutions, which, in turn, will help prospects to thoroughly evaluate and benefit from WSO2’s products.
To learn more about the importance of Solutions Architects and the role they play in technology sales, read this article.
- Demonstrate technical expertise on WSO2 products, solutions, and general technology.
- Knowledgeable of the ever fast-moving, evolving technology landscape and understand how and where WSO2 fits in.
- Support the Sales Team in closing new opportunities and supporting/expanding existing customers.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge of architecture and design as well as the inner workings of WSO2 products and solutions.
- Develop and present product demonstrations and answer technical questions about the capabilities and features of WSO2 products.
- Develop and document technical samples, proof of concepts, and prototypes using WSO2 and non-WSO2 technologies.
- Contribute client and market feedback to product teams and play a role in the company’s strategy; be the voice of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in application software development.
Technical Requirements and Knowledge
- Knowledge in emerging technologies.
- Development experience with API gateways and middleware a bonus.
- Experience with solutions design and development to meet customer requirements.
- Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities; the ability to present to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including developers and architects.
- Showcase a passion to learn new technologies and a desire to tackle hard technical problems.
- Exhibit natural curiosity, an analytical mind, and a willingness to explore the unknown.
- Take ownership of complex technical problems and drive them to resolution individually as well as work effectively through escalations with the engineering team.
- Have an affinity for new challenges, a self-starting attitude, and a willingness to work with a global team.
- Possess an amiable personality and excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to the local cultures of WSO2’s global customer and employee base.
- Ability (e.g., a passport) to travel on short notice for short-term assignments.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- Opportunities to build experience with a broad array of modern technologies and their direct application to enterprise challenges.
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.