Careers - Sri Lanka
System Security Engineer
We are looking for a Systems Security Engineer to play an important role in supporting the WSO2 Digital Operations team. Your responsibility will be to manage and maintain the security aspects of global and local infrastructure to comply with ISO 27001 standards. This includes Linux-based systems, cloud, network infrastructure, and data centers. We expect a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies in this varied and complex job role.
Our infrastructure is a mixed environment which includes Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X. You will also be required to provide hardware and software support. You will be expected to undertake responsibilities that may extend your work hours based on urgency.
- Lead the operation, support, and maintenance of the Information Security Management System based on the ISO/IEC 27000 series of standards.
- Lead the preparation and the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines in conjunction with the Security Committee to get appropriate approvals and feedback.
- Manage and lead the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Support suitable information security awareness, training, and educational activities.
- Manage information security risk assessments and controls selection activities.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cybersecurity designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company is notified about possible security incidents as early as possible.
- Run continuous security tests to identify security threats proactively.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Work with third-party questionnaires, which should be aligned with WSO2 information security policies.
- Proven work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.