Careers - Sri Lanka
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to play an important role in supporting WSO2 infrastructure. Your responsibility will be to manage and maintain the global and local infrastructure systems, including Linux based systems, Cloud infrastructure, global network infrastructure, remote, and local data centers. We expect a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies in this varied and complex job role.
Our infrastructure is a mixed environment that includes Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X; and you will also be required to provide hardware and software support. You will be expected to take on work responsibilities that may extend your work hours based on urgency.
- Analyze and identify potential issues based on logs
- Integrate or upgrade existing systems seamlessly
- Perform backups and routine audits
- Apply operating system updates, patches, security updates, and configuration changes
- Install and configure new hardware and software systems
- User/Role AAA management
- Document tasks carried out
- Troubleshoot, identify, and solve any reported problems
- System performance tuning
- Bachelor's degree with over 2 years of professional experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Open Source software
- Comprehensive understanding of Unix-like systems
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, OS concepts, and configuration management
- Hands-on experience with performance tuning, monitoring, problem identification, and resolution
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Sound scripting knowledge on one or more languages such as Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work unsupervised on concurrent activities by taking the ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working with ISO 27001 environment will be an added advantage