We are looking for a Systems Engineer to play an important role in supporting WSO2 infrastructure. You will manage and maintain the global and local infrastructure systems, including Linux based systems, Cloud infrastructure, global network infrastructure, and remote and local data centers. We expect our ideal candidate to demonstrate a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies in this varied and complex job role.
Our infrastructure is a mixed environment which includes Linux, Windows, and Mac OS , where you will also be required to provide hardware and software support. You will be expected to take on work responsibilities that may extend your work hours based on urgency.
- Analyzing and identifying potential issues based on logs.
- Integrating or upgrading existing systems seamlessly.
- Performing backups and routine audits.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, security updates, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software systems.
- User/Role AAA management.
- Documenting the tasks carried out.
- Troubleshooting, identifying, and resolution of any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Bachelor's degree with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and open source software.
- Comprehensive understanding of Unix-like systems.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, open source concepts, and configuration management.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning, monitoring, problem identification, and resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Sound scripting knowledge on one or more languages such as bash, perl, python, php, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and unsupervised on concurrent activities by taking ownership of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.